How to Wear a Beanie Like a Pro
The beanie is a versatile accessory that can be worn with a variety of outfits, from casual to smart casual. However, there are a few things to keep in mind when styling a beanie to ensure that you look your best.
Choose the right beanie for your face shape. If you have a round face, choose a beanie that is slightly taller and has a smaller cuff. This will help to elongate your face. If you have a long face, choose a beanie with a wider cuff. This will help to balance out your features.
Consider the color of your beanie. If you are wearing a beanie with a casual outfit, you can choose a brighter color or pattern. However, if you are wearing a beanie with a smart casual outfit, it is best to choose a neutral color, such as black, navy, or gray.
Fit is important. The beanie should fit snugly on your head, but it should not be too tight. You should be able to move your ears and eyebrows freely.
- Pair a black beanie with a hoodie, jeans, and sneakers for a classic casual look.
- Wear a navy beanie with a navy peacoat, light wash jeans, and white sneakers for a more polished casual look.
- Choose a fisherman beanie with a chore jacket, chinos, and boots for a workwear-inspired look.
- Wear a gray beanie with a navy blazer, white button-down shirt, and dark wash jeans for a smart casual look.
- Pair a black beanie with a black overcoat, turtleneck sweater, and black trousers for a more sophisticated look.
- Choose a brown beanie with a camel coat, brown chinos, and Chelsea boots for a classic smart casual look.
Tips for wearing a beanie with a suit:
- Choose a simple black or navy beanie with no branding or embellishments.
- Make sure that the beanie is well-fitting and does not look too baggy.
- Wear the beanie with a tailored suit and overcoat.
- Avoid wearing a beanie with a patterned suit or a suit in a bright color.
How to avoid the most common beanie mistakes:
- Don't pull it down too low. The beanie should sit just above your ears. If you pull it down too low, it will make your face look shorter and wider.
- Don't wear it with a hatband. Hatbands are outdated and make you look like a tourist.
- Don't wear it with a patterned scarf. A patterned scarf is too busy with a beanie. Choose a plain scarf instead.
- Don't wear it with a hoodie and sweatpants. This is a classic slob look. If you're going to wear a beanie, dress it up a bit.